Sunday, August 12, 2007

Remind me...


Please, tens of readers out there--if I *ever* mention stenciling again, will you remind me that

a) I am not Martha Stewart

b) Stenciling involves staying in the lines -- and paint

c) It's kinda permanent.


Okay, so it's not permanent, but after you've begun...it's a bit hard to back out. And I can never get things as straight or even as I'd like to, so I just end up feeling really frustrated.


The short story is that our kids share a room, but it's a pretty good sized room. They like sharing right now, and I imagine they will for the next few years. I wanted to decorate their room so that it was both boy and girl-like, since #1 loves pink and purple. We found some really cute coordinating duvet covers at IKEA (and curtains and a rug), and then I had the inspiration to do what you see in the picture. Good thing there are no close-ups, or you could see the blurred lines...

3 Comments:

Blogger Didge said...

What a cute idea..I hadn't seen this bedding yet. You chose something really easy (?!) to start out your stencilling career with. At least you gave the ducks and geese of our mothers' stencilling era a miss!! Mom and sis were at the new one in Portland next to the airport, ist echt cool.

7:11 AM  
Blogger prrrof said...

Yeah--we're kinda addicted, sad to say. The main reason we're addicted to Ikea, though, is that it is so cheap for cool stuff--it's different than you can find anywhere else here, and cute to boot. I've been scouring the internets and local stores for twin bed frames, and none come close to theirs for under $100...ah well. Another post sometime about why we love Ikea...

7:16 AM  
Blogger Left Coast Sister said...

LOVE the room! Maybe next time you visit we can do a little something in my kiddos' room! I love that it's just colors and not a theme, since those would cahnge approx. every 5 minutes at my house! love it, looks great!

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home