Friday, June 29, 2007

Why 3 year olds are so great

For starters, we have a pool that looks just like this...


Set me back about ten bucks at Target and although the grass tends to die under it, it's been worth it... The boys and their friends and cousins have splashed around in it, and my kids have spent the better part of June in their swimming trunks on account of this piece of plastic. But apparently I had underestimated the amazing-ness of this pool. You see, last week we went to the house of one of DH's firefighting friends. His pool looks more like this...



(Disclaimer since I know DH might read this and say "That's not his pool!": OK, this is a slight exaggeration, but not by much and it was the closest picture I could find. Moving on...)
Set him back a lot more than ten bucks for sure. Boy #1 had a great time with the other kids and his dad in the water and enjoyed the spa as well. So the next day he said how much fun he had "at those people's pool", and I said to him, "Maybe someday we'll get a pool too." He looks at me like I've lost my mind and says, "Mooooooooom, we already have a pool." Oh, how he melts my heart.
In other news, parenting is not for the faint of heart or weak of belly. Especially when a certain 17 month old throws up A LOT with no warning in his car seat on a day that is around 100 degrees. I think I'm still smelling barf on my hands. He's better though, so all's well. Although I'm not feeling too well tonight...

4 Comments:

Blogger jmb_craftypickle said...

I, too, can almost smell the vomit. I first looked at the "reasonable" pool picture and I thought that you were looking so young and hot. That pool water suits you! (my secret word today was kurah!!!) (like a hooray in another language!)

6:53 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Having just endured a round of the stomach flu, myself and my kid's, I feel your pain. Or smell your barf as the case may be. But I hope you escaped!

And see, he needs you to blow up the pool now! :) Don't you just love how easy to please they are sometimes?

8:26 PM  
Blogger Left Coast Sister said...

jmb-I meant to point out that our pool is just like that one except for the dashing lady and two same-aged girls splashing about politely. Ours has a sweaty lady with stringy hair yelling from the sidelines and two boys nearly drowning each other in it. Hooray indeed!
amy, I did not escape (woe was me all Friday night) and I don't believe I've been so sick in my whole life (except for moments of minor surgeries during which I was under the influence and therefore couldn't have cared less). And, yes, I'm glad I'm needed for pool inflation purposes as well!!

10:38 PM  
Blogger jay are said...

I'm getting nervous about the puke stuff. This is the second blog I've read today where someone's kids have been throwing up. Can it be cyber-catching?? I sure hope not.
And how sweet about the pool. Isn't it nice when we worry that our kids might feel "deprived" and then they just see what they have instead of what they don't?? You're doing something right. Keep it up! :)

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home