Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Better late than never I guess

A little funny something happened to me at the gym this evening.
Got there and the place was packed. I got on the first treadmill I came to and proceeded to try to get it going. (Aside to those of you who don't know me that well: Even though I do go to the gym a few times a week, I am a dork. I try to get started on the machines as quick as I can so as to not reveal my inner gym geek to those around me. But I digress...) I tried to go fast, go slow, go medium speed... and the machine wouldn't take my commands. After 2 minutes of trying to get the thing started (AND MISSING THE FIRST 2 MINUTES OF LAW AND ORDER BUT WHO'S COUNTING?!!!!), the woman on the machine next to me leans over all smiley and says, "I tried that one and couldn't get it to work." Perhaps she thought I looked great doing my hamster on a rusty wheel act, but I guess I'd have appreciated an earlier warning. At least then I'd have known what city the victim's parents lived in.

4 Comments:

Blogger jay are said...

don't you just love that. Glad I could provide your entertainment today, lady. what a helpful hannah.

but the most important part is that you were at the gym! yay! I'm dressed for the gym as we speak and am going back for the first time since BEFORE CONVENTION!! talk about geeky. (not to mention cheeky).

11:48 AM  
Blogger prrrof said...

Yeah--always funny to watch other people try something out. Ha ha.

Isn't it interesting the things that make us feel insecure and silly? I remember being afraid to eat at the cafeteria during college because it seemed like a mystifying process to me--and it would have mortified me to seem like I didn't know what I was doing. Hmmm.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Didge said...

I once heard a story about a girl who even tried to eat endame (sp?) shells whole without just eating the inside and discarding the shell part.

7:14 AM  
Blogger jmb_craftypickle said...

I am impressed that you go to the gym...and I have to say that I laughed thinking about you on that treadmill....AND ALSO, I just found our 7th grade basketball picture...we shure wur lookers!

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home