Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Times I wish I'd had my camera with me

Seen while driving by the local trailer park:
A man, who was very large even by the kindest of standards, was driving around the parking lot with his very large arm hanging out the window. He was holding a leash. His dog, on the other end of the leash, was getting a walk. The man was not.
And in other news:
I read in the paper the other day that social scientists have decided that all the emphasis on self esteem in elementary schools has been to the students' detriment. My favorite part of the whole article was the new song some kindergartens are teaching, to the tune of Frere Jacque (I think that's Brother Jackie, but forgive me my spelling, I didn't take French): "I am special, I am special, Look at me! Look at me!"
I think I'd be annoyed to hear my kid singing that. But at least now it's stuck in your head for the rest of the day.

3 Comments:

Blogger jay are said...

yeah! Gee thanks! (big shocker there with the self-esteem thing).

11:01 PM  
Blogger prrrof said...

But what about the "dah-mey-new/dah-mey-new" part? And then there was always that next part that I had no idea what the words were--something about "commay say ma tina." Now there's something to get stuck in yer head...

8:27 PM  
Blogger Left Coast Sister said...

Dah-mey-new is translated into LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME. I'm glad you *did* take French and that's what you got out of it!! (:

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home