Thursday, January 25, 2007

Things good, and things not so good

Not so good: Several folks I know, near and far, are dealing with major life changes at a time in life when they're probably not expecting it (yes, there are times that upheaval is normal: think 6th grade, think college). One example: we heard earlier this week that *another* major employer in the region we just moved from is going under--and this means lots and lots of 30, 40, and 50 year olds with comfortable lives are out of work. As we *finally* have moments where we feel like adults (it's fleeting, but it does happen), the thought of suddenly having the rug pulled out (or the paycheck snatched away) is frightening. I so feel for those families that are having to completely retool.

Good: The good thing: after having it as a new year's resolution for, oh, ten years: I've signed up for guitar lessons! I'm so, so excited. They start in February--so we'll see how they go.

Technicalities: And one more technical note: is it even possible to have multiple google/blogger identities off one email address? I'd like to keep this blog separate from my work blogs, but I have my work email hooked to this blog and to my others...hmm. I've looked through blogger q and a's and can only find the advice to go in and change my userprofile each time. That seems kind of clunky?

2 Comments:

Blogger Left Coast Sister said...

Ick. I can't imagine losing a job... even though it means nothing about who a person is, it has to feel just AWFUL. Makes me so thankful for the govmint work that funds our family.
And accolades to you for the guitar lessons!!! Can't wait to hear more! So funny, becase I was just perusing the adult ed classes, and thought, now I should learn guitar! Ha! Do keep us posted!!

8:25 PM  
Blogger Didge said...

Guitar lessons, that sounds great. Good for you. I can't wait to sit around the campfire with you and sing old camp songs! You will almost be like 'Chin' was. Didn't he play the guitar? Wanna ride in my van?

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home