Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Measure once, cut twice...

Which is unfortunately how I thought the saying went, and come to find out it's measure twice, cut once. Argh. Had a wildly successful trip to Target to purchase drapes for Boy #1's room in hopes of preventing him from waking up with the chickens as soon as the room is a bit light. When we left the house, I thought I remembered the window was 35" wide by 48" long... Turns out the window is 49" wide (old house, don't ask) by 34" and change long. The rod is too small, and I do believe the curtain would have to be stretched like Saran Wrap to work in the windows. Someday I'll do things in an organized fashion but for now, I have too-small things I need to return.
Don't miss prrrof's post below, folks!

1 Comments:

Blogger emilyruth said...

i totally just did this too
except i bought the curtains last summer
on sale
& finally took them out last week
& they were about 15 inches too short
lovely

i cut & sewed
& now they look cuter than when i bought them
i will not be defeated....
:)

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home