Friday, April 14, 2006

Thank you, hotmail.

What does it say about me when one of my dearest friends and I only talk about 3 times a year on the phone? We hardly ever visit in person due to geographical location, kids making travel tricky and lack if cash making travel impossible. She called this morning and it sort of made me wonder... Maybe I'm a great friend-from-afar. Maybe it's easier to put up with me just a little rather than on a daily-weekly-monthly basis. Or, maybe, since we are the pick-up-where-we-left-off kind of friends, it's because we are both phone-haters. I don't know why/how that happened for me, since my sister and mother can attest to the hours upon hours I spent on the phone with my friend Kelly talking about ABSOLUTELY NOTHING when I was about 13 yrs old or so. (Really, how DOES that happen? We went to the same school and had practically all our classes together? I must have had a lot more going on then than I do now, I have NO IDEA what I'd say on the phone to anyone I spent all day with.) But fast forward to now, it's all I can do to pick up the phone and arrange a play date or call my inlaws (who I really love). And these are people I genuinely like and care for. If it weren't for email, I'm sure there are those who would doubt my continued existance on this planet.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

wow, I could have posted this. My new thing is...I'm keeping a blog! If you want to know what's going on in my life, read it. That's about all anyone is going to get. We have babies, for crying out loud!! Give yourself a break and be thankful, thankful, thankful that you have a friend like that. :)

4:35 PM  
Blogger jay are said...

I'm just glad I'm not the only person who has developed an aversion to the phone. I don't know why I avoid it so much or what my particular aversion is. I've started thinking maybe I had some sort of weird condition. But if YOU do the same thing, it must be perfectly normal!!

11:42 PM  
Blogger Left Coast Sister said...

OK, jay are, now I'm scared. If I'm the standard of normal then you're worse off than I thought! HA!

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home