Tuesday, April 04, 2006

A most wonderful time of the night

It's that wonderful time of the night when my work is (sort of) done for a few hours... one toddler in bed, one baby gleefully kicking on the couch (which, after a day of hod-me-or-I'll-really-wail, feels like bliss) and me at the computer. The schedule my dear husband is on (48 hrs at work, then 96 hrs at home) is quite nice for me. In an earlier post I had referenced missing my alone time... and now I have it on the evenings that he's at work, and I really, really, really enjoy it. Is that a bad thing, to relish time away from one's spouse? It might be because every single evening that he is home, we spend doing something important... getting tax documents together, going over our budget, or other things that are about as enjoyable as eating sand. Not to mention the fact that my beloved has been stressed out lately (which was not aided by UCLA's loss last night) because he's now on a fire truck (yes, there is a dramatic difference between a truck and an engine) and he has to learn the ropes under the watchful eyes of several chiefs who happen to have offices at his new station.
So here I am eating chocolate chips (since we have no other sweets in the house and I've done nothing but crave sugar since the day I found out I was pregnant) and blogging away. Ah.

5 Comments:

Blogger jay are said...

I had to laugh at your tiny print! :) Ah, yes. I think it's quite healthy to enjoy alone time. But then, I would think that since I so enjoy it. I have to tout its healthful benefits, etc., don't I? Or else what does that make me?

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The "stealing semi-sweet chocolate chips and considering it a treat" trait has now been taken up by the next generation as well. Sometimes I pretend not to notice :) She hasn't figured out how to do spoonfuls of brown sugar yet, though.

Enjoy the quiet time, absolutely--it's bliss.

4:00 AM  
Blogger Left Coast Sister said...

Although, jay are, I'm not sure how healthy time alone is when spent scarfing down chocolate chips! And prrrof, has TNG discovered apple cider vinegar in a spray bottle?? (;

2:15 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

No, no, I highly recommend chocolate chips as a therapeutic tool to ward of stress and anxiety. It is one of the tools that I did NOT learn in graduate school, but for which there should have been an entire course. I have yet to meet a mother who could not be cheered by a find of some sort of chocolate tucked back in the cupboard. And I think that chocolate eaten during alone time is so much more savorable, don't you?

7:12 PM  
Blogger Left Coast Sister said...

well said, lisa. No wonder you do so well at what you do!!

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home