Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Out the door...

I'm off to the annual rite of spring for geeky academics like me--our yearly convention. Yes, thousands of profs and grad students from across country descend on one unwitting city a year--to talk about writing, about teaching, about technology, about working conditions, about ... grad school memories, about our jobs. I'm looking forward to this year's bizarre-ness--I'll be catching up with some old friends and meeting up with some new ones. The biggest major bummer that I'm not thinking about right now: leaving my two darlings for far too many days. But I won't think about that.

xoxoxo

2 Comments:

Blogger Left Coast Sister said...

Yipes! More than one night away?!! (: It's one of those Can't-really-do-anything-else things, but sure does stink! The best part is, they won't even remember you were gone so long in a few years... Remember when Dad was working 2 hrs away during the week? I have no recollection of that... Enjoy the conference!!

11:23 AM  
Blogger jay are said...

Hope you had a great time! You're probaby back by now....Did you survive being away from the babes??

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home