Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Yes, there's a reason the title is plural...

...and I'm here.

Thanks to LCS for keeping this kickin'--I've been reading, sometimes, folks, but have had no time for posting. It's been near-insanity (or what passes for that in our mostly mellow, relatively stress-free lives) here in the middle east. As LCS noted a few posts ago, there are quite a few bees buzzin' in this ol' family tree:

1. First, and most seriously, our mom has cancer. Yes, that c word that fills all hearts with dread. It's nearly impossible to imagine this happening to her. Really, I thought? (In fact, my first words were, "you're joking." Duh. What a clever reaction to have.) But seriously...our full-of-energy, ready-to-go, laugh-and-drink-some-more-coffee mother? It hardly seems possible. Or at least, it hardly did several weeks ago. We've been through the incredulous stage and are now in some adjusted stage of reality...I'm glad LCS is close enough to our parents to go see her more. I can't wait to be closer so we can too. Yes, it's "manageable" cancer...for what that's worth. Just another reminder for me that any of my tiny little life events are manageable too.

2. Our house sold, which is very excellent, and it sold quickly, which is also very excellent but brought the commensurate panic. We are packing, packing, packing...and somehow we'll fit it all into one of these Go Minis. It'll be delivered Saturday (and that day, of course, I also have a 5-hour portfolio assessment to both help coordinate and participate in; we have a birthday party of a good friend as well). The storage vessel then sails forth on Wednesday; we clean on Thursday and close on Friday! Then, having packed perfectly, we'll head off to live with some very good friends here for a month or so. Also thrown in that time is a trip to the Left Coast and to New Mountain State--did I mention that dear husband has not yet seen our New Fair City? :)

3. My sister-in-law is approaching the end of her pregnancy. She lives a long, long, looooong ways away, and I feel pulled in that direction as well. I won't go into details here, but her last pregnancy was very, very difficult and filled with heartache...and we were here, and they were there. I want to be there and can't.

#s 1, 2, and 3 then converge next Friday: it's the date of our mom's surgery; it's our closing date; and it's the due date of my SIL. For #2, may I not forget to always add my middle initial when I sign my name 5000 times. For # 1 and 3, may health and peace result.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

Thinking of you guys.
Good luck with everything.

9:38 PM  
Blogger jay are said...

So glad to hear all your news....been wondering about ya!!

Heard about your mom. SO SORRY to hear that; and it's SO hard to believe it could be true. I know that all is going to go well---you guys have a great, strong family.

How exciting for you to be in the final stages of the move. I know it must be crazy hectic with everything happening on the same day practically! (Why does it always seem to go that way??) And how come I keep not hearing what Fair City you're going to be inhabiting?

Looking forward to hearing about your sis-in-law. Hoping for wonderful things.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Left Coast Sister said...

Actually I think the funniest thing is that the last post you posted before this one was called "creating a stress-free life"... Hmm... Seems like mission not yet accomplished! (; CAN NOT WAIT for you to be less than 10hrs away en coche!! Yippee! Wish I could help you throw stuff in boxes!

11:33 AM  
Blogger General Post said...

What a commendable work you have done, with simplest of language. You have really helped several of individuals like me, who have been searching internet from past quite a long time to find detailed information on this particular topic. Thanks

Instant Moving container Quote

1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home