Thursday, May 04, 2006

Could you just say "you're wonderful!"?!!?

Yesterday I told my husband a tidbit of interesting information passed on by my Mom. She'd heard on the news or Paul Harvey that the value of a stay at home mom is $134,122.00 annually. That's taking into account the light gardening, housekeeping, bookkeeping, transportation services, babysitting, meal preparation, household coordination (doctor's appts., repair people, etc) provided by the mom... When I told my my ever-so-complimentary husband that, he said, "Well, that's really inflated, because if I was paying Molly Maids to come out here, I'd expect that the floors were always scrubbed, windows cleaned thoroughly, you know, everything done." I had to laugh. This from the man who called me about 10 minutes after I left him with two kids (for the one and only time, I might add) telling me the baby was crying and I needed to get home. And when I left, believe me, he wasn't exactly scrubbing the floors while watching the kids.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Oh my gosh. I can't believe he said that! Let's not forget to add in the, um...other services that we provide!! We might otherwise be too tired if we were working. haha. In my couples counseling, I try to teach guys when to just say "wow, that's great!" instead of adding their often inane opinions! It would help marriages immensely if I could succeed in that, don't you think! I think $134,000 is underpaid!!

12:05 PM  
Blogger emilyruth said...

you are too funny...
my brian just says we should get a tax credit...
can i buy shoes & scrapbook supplies with a tax credit?
if the answer is yes then i'm all for it...
ps i love lisa's comment & i believe the rate is $100 an hour (at least that's what it was in Pretty Woman:)

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home