Wednesday, January 18, 2006

the sweetness of two

I just had the most enjoyable morning with my 2-year old. Usually if I try to get too much done in one morning (or afternoon, since our days are broken in half by his legendary naps), it can be a real disaster. So today, I took a deep breath before heading out to the post office, Target, to get his haircut and then let him play in the mall's play place for a few minutes. He was bliss. It was one of those mornings that reminds me of all the wonderful things he is. A little like last night, he was "helping" his dad with a minor project which included going in and out of the apartment to the porch about 15 times. He followed his dad around with his tools (a pencil and a leveller) and it was just sweet. Sometimes there's no other word for it, just sweet sweet moments, that I know are going to go too fast.

1 Comments:

Blogger jay are said...

those moments are why they keep living! :)
seriously, tho, there is hardly anything more precious than those times. And they DO go so fast.

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home