Sunday, January 01, 2006

My new year's resolutions, unplugged

Like my sister, I've gone through stages of making and ignoring the resolution season. This year, however, I have too much to do. THat is, I have too much to do to NOT make resolutions. I would have said my 1st priority is to not procrastinate, but since it's jan 2nd and that's already been broken by starting this post yesterday and not finishing today, I think that may be a moot point.
1. Be more patient with my 2-yr old. He's only going to be two once and he's cute as a bug... I just have to remember that he's two, not twenty-two...
2. Be more patient with the world in general... it really doesn't matter if a waiter takes too long, if the drive-thru coffee house is too slow or if the bank teller has no idea what "transfer from savings to checking" means...
3. Write more often (anyone reading this might want to avoid the blog...)
4. Remember that some committments I have made in my life need to be reinforced and worked on so that they don't become commitments I no longer see as important.
5. Give my husband-with-another-new-career a lot of space... It's funny how different we are and yet how the same... When I'm stressed I want no contact with other human beings, and he's much the same, but I have this yucky habit of wanting to fix it that never seems to help...
And that is going to be it. I'm limiting myself to 5 resolutions because if I really sat back and considered all the things I should do, I'd be so irritated at my list of things to do that I'd wait to start until next year...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the "recognize people I love are different from me" type resolution (a v bad paraphrase). I'm not always so good at that one either.

Congrats to the new firefighter in the family!

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home