Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Things That Drive me Bananas

1. When your eye doctor tells you to expect your new contacts in 2-3 days when really, in eye doctorspeak, he means 2 weeks.
2. When someone doesn't use their blinkers and you end up waiting a hundred years for them to go straight when really they were turning left all along.
3. People who drive 55 mph in the left hand lane on Hwy 99. Argh!! Can they not see that another lane has been constructed to meet their needs and it is conveniently located to their RIGHT?!!
4. When people tell me to nap when my two year old is napping. Have they ever tried to balance the checkbook when their two year old is awake?!
5. People who think paying rent is optional.
6. People who make sarcastic remarks about other people in groups and then cover it with insincere flattery.
7. Hypochondriacs.
8. When my 2-year old arches his back when I'm trying to put on his carseat buckles.
9. Days when I feel like I get NOTHING done and had all day to do it!
10. Days when my husband is home and EVERYTHING gets done which only reinforces in my mind that I can't always do this stay-at-home thing!
11. Disorganization.
12. WalMart. Although I recently acquired a list of things to do there...
13. When you try to call a florist in California and get an answering service in Laredo Texas who wants to pretend like they are the florist you thought you called but they clearly don't have any idea how to pretend too good because they constantly say "I'll have to see what my computer shows" instead of "OH, let me look around the store and see if we have any day lillies."
14. Family living too far away. I guess that's under the Makes Me Sad list rather than this one.
15. How I'm not a laid-back, easygoing personality that never gets riled up.
16. Hormones. Need I say more?

3 Comments:

Blogger jay are said...

HA!!! This was a great list. I hear ya on all counts, some more than others, 'course.

2:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I love about my sister is that she has no strong opinions. About anything. None. :)

1:35 PM  
Blogger Left Coast Sister said...

Strong opinions. Another thing that drives me bananas. (;

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home