Monday, October 08, 2007

I think I've used up all my words...

...must be my problem. I talk and talk and write and write all day...and at the end of the day, there's not enough left for blogging. Hmm. So, in lieu of an actual post, here's a list of random things from recent everyday life:

*We had parent-teacher conferences for preschool today. That's right, preschool.
*I try very (and I mean very) hard to not get caught up in pushing my children ever faster. The whole early academics thing is bizarre to me.
*Yet, yet. I had a fleeting thought today where I wondered: is she on track? Will she read this year? If she doesn't, is that okay? She's 4, going on 5. Good grief.
*#1 *loves* finding things that start with the letter of the week. Sunday night she hit a bonanza, as she couldn't stop seeing things that started with G. Grampa! Grammie! Guy! Gal! Goat! She ended up taking several things for share time: a baggie of grass (lawn clippings, come on...), a green Mountain Dew can, and glue. Oh, and a list of G words she had us spell for her. She was nearly delirious with delight.
*#2 is on the verge of losing all of his absolutely adorable toddlery language, and I'm not going to remember most of it. Like hocktey-doctor (helicopter) and wif (with) and so on. Sob.
*My in-laws rule. My f-i-l does the dishes every night; my m-i-l knits very cool scarves and made slipcovers for two chairs and makes dinner. And they wonder why I want them to move in with us?
*We are approaching high holiday season here, which begins with halloween's candyfest. Halloween's *on* in this house: we pounded a large bag of black and orange m n m's this weekend. We blitz on from Halloween to birthdays to Thanksgiving to more birthdays right on through New Year's Eve. Whee!

1 Comments:

Blogger Left Coast Sister said...

Yay for fall, right!! I think it's so hard not to get caught up in what your kiddo should be able to do by some standard that who knows where it came from. And yet... you *do* want your kid to succeed and be challenged, etc... Although I have to say, if enthusiasm for learning is a goal (which is perhaps the most important in my book) your kid is in 1st place! I love the G-words!

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home