Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Words I have actually said since embarking on motherhood

1. Please don't paint your brother's toes with yogurt.
2. Actually, I don't think a pile of mud in the living room is a good idea, even though I know it would be fun to play with.
3. Said to my husband: No, really, I'd LOVE to go to the market. (stated with such enthusiasm he thought I'd misunderstood him and thought he needed me to go to Mazatlan.)
4. Well, I guess poop kind of looks like mud but no, you can't play in it.
5. Well, babies can't really swim so if I just drop him in the pool, we'd probably have a problem.
6. Let me just finish my lunch and then I'd love to play cars with you. (I was never a babysitter.)
7. Wouldn't it be great if there was a radio station that played The Wiggles!?!
8. Also said to my husband: It's so sad, Raffi doesn't give concerts anymore. Bummer, huh?
9. Said to anyone who will listen: I think I could sleep for a week and still be tired.
10. Said to the greatest kids on the planet, at least a million times a day: I love love love you! (OK, supercornball that I am, but every now and then it hits me extra hard how great they are!)

5 Comments:

Blogger emilyruth said...

my list includes:

yes you may wear your rubber boots to bed

can we please read elmo? (said after reading 'the truck book' for the 80th time)

i just want to be alone & fold the laundry (my alone time used to include a magazine, a frapaccino & a cozy chair at barnes & noble...no chores involved:)

love you list lcs:)

2:49 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

"oooohhhwwweeee, stinky!" features prominently in my vocabulary.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

come on, now. i've met your kids, and they're really not that great.

;-)
that's a JOKE!
it was amusing to me, anyway.
in my heart, i know i'm funny...

3:11 PM  
Blogger Left Coast Sister said...

You ARE funny. In a looking kind of way.
haha. Am I amusing? (:

2:28 PM  
Blogger EmBee said...

I have a 16 yr. old son and a 13 yr. old daughter. Just last night while we were out to dinner I said to my son, "Stop mimicing your sisters every move, you look just like a girl!"

They never stop teasing eachother and you'll never stop spouting insane phrases as long they're around.

Great post, sure made me laugh!

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home