Thursday, November 01, 2007

A few items to begin the month with



  • Yo, people, where's the chocolate?!?? These charming boys went trick or treating, and although they have plenty of sugar to speed up their already hyper-active brains, I must admit I was disappointed. Firstly, who gives hard cinnamon flavored candy to a 1-yr old? Secondly, what's up with all the gummy body parts and lollipops? Only two fun-sized Hershey bars in my eldest's pumpkin, and one in #2's. What do these people think I'm going to snack on for the next year?!!?

  • I got to go see David Sedaris. If you aren't jealous you are either (a) completely without a sense of humor, or (b) in possession of a sense of humor but haven't yet heard or read him. Hear or read him, people.

  • News from the Mothership (that would be me): The latest rage in our house, at least in our high chair, is drinking from a sippy cup with the lid unscrewed. Does it leak? Oh, yes. But Boy #2 absolutely refuses to drink unless the lid is unscrewed and easy to remove. We have approximately 2 sippy cups with straws, which he is now confined to, as the type where you have to raise it at an angle like a soda can just drenches him. Which also angers him. Where did he get this idea?


  • Think there's nothing on TV? Guess you haven't been to Asia lately. Human Tetris was mentioned at the gym today, and I thought it was worth a mention. If nothing else, the fashion statement it makes is simply good entertainment. (By the way, the point is to contort yourself into the shape that the "wall" comes out with, and if you don't do it early enough, you get pushed into the pool of yellow water. And to think the best the US of A could come up with is The Price is Right.)


  • I'm not known for driving slowly, but this really irritates me. Can anyone explain why a driver would take an expressway through town when there is a perfectly good frontage road on which to go 20 miles UNDER the speed limit? I don't get it. If I'm behind you, I'll be going the speed limit even if it puts me tantalizingly close to the spare tire in your trunk. Use that right shoe to push that rectangular piece of metal to the floor, lady. Or get outta my way.


10 Comments:

Blogger Didge said...

I loved the human tetris thing...that was a laugh! And the sippy cup, they all like to tip anything up that has a straw, it is so aggrivating to us but logical to them after having drank (drunk drinked?) out of a bottle and having to tip it up to get anything out. My kids still do this at Mc'D's and it still spills out...thank goodness for those extra tight lids.

1:21 AM  
Blogger Shana said...

Cute pictures! That's funny about the sippy cup, right now Chloe wants to drink out of a regular cup and no matter how small the amount of water I put into the cup, it magically turns into a large puddle in the kitchen (not to mention if I happen to leave a cup where she can find it she has figured out how to work to water dispenser on the fridge, but not get the water in the cup!!!) Anyway, very jealous that you got to see David Sedaris! How is it possible that he was in this area and I didn't hear a word about it???

11:18 AM  
Blogger emilyruth said...

i am so jealous that you got to see david sedaris...
he was at the u of o this summer
but we just couldn't swing the price...
ira glass was in portland last month too
& we couldn't do it either!
grrrr!
but i am very happy for you...
:)

& lady, just let me tell you
come back to oregon!
we are swimming in chocolate!
plus 2 full sized candy bars!
& we do not live in the richie neighborhood...
for halloween i was not just a tired mama
i was a happy tired mama
:)

cute kiddos!

2:29 PM  
Blogger prrrof said...

what IS up with yogurt-flavored-fake-fruit snacks in the Halloween candy? Please! Just give me little twix and almond joys!

4:32 PM  
Blogger jmb_craftypickle said...

We had only chocolate...I think that I am coming out of my sugar coma only long enough to say "I LOVE DAVID SEDARIS!!!" I saw him just this last summer...and I raised my hand and asked him a question about Hugh...who is one of my favorites....YES, I talked to David Sedaris...it was just too great, you are a lucky girl.

8:58 PM  
Blogger jmb_craftypickle said...

PS
I think that I am going to grab a glass of wine and watch that tetris show again...Japanese game shows are just the most...most.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Left Coast Sister said...

Shana, he was in San Jose! I still get emails from the radio station over there, or I woulnd't have known either...

12:33 PM  
Blogger Shana said...

I actually went online to find out where he was after I read your post. :) When I saw where he was I was glad to find out that I don't actually live completely under a rock, only partially! :)

10:51 PM  
Blogger a girl with an opinion said...

as usual love the post...and I can't resist, I AM so jealous that you got to see David Sedaris. Does it count that we got to sneak in and see Anne Lamott about 1.5 years ago?

10:51 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

david sedaris rocks. his sister amy does, too.

the chapter in "dress your family..." book about the neighbors who didn't have TV, and the chapter about his sister's parrot are awesome.

that is all at this time.

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home