Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Where did that come from?

I'm sure you've all heard this week's story of the woman who used her 4-week old baby as a weapon in a domestic dispute. That's right, 4 WEEK old baby. Seems she and her current flame were drinking and fighting and she just starting picking things up and throwing them. Her defense is that she just didn't realize what she had grabbed until after the baby's head hit her man. As her beau explains, "People are trying to make a big deal about it, but she did not do it on purpose. ... It was just a mistake," he said. (Thanks to msn.com for that quote.)
Wow. A new societal low.
Apparently after she weilded the baby as a bat, her boyfriend punched her in the eye, which accounts for the lovely one-eyed mug shot.
Will someone please take those children far from these abusers* and give them half a chance to succeed in life?

*Abusers not just because of what she did with a newborn baby (which is horrific and bad enough by itself), but because all five of her kids were witnesses to what seems to be their rather frequent domestic disturbances. So now they have taught them how to abuse and how to be abused, setting them up for failure.

8 Comments:

Blogger Shana said...

I actually hadn't heard the story, maybe that means I should open a newspaper, turn on a radio, or at least check the many different news pages on the web, but I'm truly appalled.

10:46 PM  
Blogger jmb_craftypickle said...

It is times like these that I just think....why, why, why and what to do?

Hug your kids
Hug your loved ones

Read the "news" less

11:56 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I totally agree with jmb. I really can't take anymore of this kind of news every day. What is WRONG with these people? Since we had our little guy it seems like every day/week there is something truly awful going on. And our media makes it all too vivid, no detail spared. Of course thats the kind of news that sells.. (for some totally scary reason)
Definitely agree with hugging our kids more!

7:20 AM  
Blogger jay are said...

haven't seen this story yet either. there aren't words enough to explain why some people get to have five children (and probably counting) in environments such as this. So much for the childrens' needs being the most important. Yeah, right.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

c'mon now, what's a little baby-throwing in the family? everyone's so uptight these days...

6:24 PM  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

That was the one story this week that made my skin crawl.I can't even imagine. I too hope they take all of the kids far away from them.
Pay no attention to the fart nugget's post above mine. He obviously got a bat to his head at some point. ;)
Lois Lane
P.S. I wonder why that fellow above me never visits Home Fires. (pouting)

10:42 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

You're just so dang prolific, Lois, I can't keep up. Besides, you've got dozens of enthusiastic fans, you don't need me. :-)
I did read your tribute to the firefighter, which I thot very nice.
When I get a minute I'll do a post on the landfill issue, and probably p*** a whole lot of people off, but in the meantime it's nice to hear from you, even if indirectly.
-Bryan

10:04 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

No - there aren't words to describe how sick stuff like this makes me feel.

People need licenses to have babies, of this, I am sure.

ps. love the "update" post below, I just went to Dream Dinners this week - love them!

Carrie

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home