Monday, February 18, 2008

celebrating presidents?

What Presidents' Day meant at our house:

*For my 3-year-old, it was about a trip, or having extra clothes, or anticipating an accident. He diligently packed a backpack with pajamas this morning and wore it around. "For Presidents' Day, momma!"

*For my 5-year-old, it had something to do with on-foot transportation: "Mom, for Presidents' Day, do we go on a walk or on a hike?"

Huh? I'm confused too.

*For my DH, it meant working.

*For me, it meant a luxurious 3rd weekend day, a scream-filled afternoon with the kids' good buddy over here, and the chance to leave them for an hour this morning and run a few quick errands. Lovely!

2 Comments:

Blogger Left Coast Sister said...

Sounds great to me! I vote for the hike, sounds like a new family tradition for President's Day...

8:44 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

For us, it meant a 4-DAY weekend, due to some already scheduled break on Friday also . . . so we went camping!

We did talk about Presidents though . . . does that count?

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home