Sunday, December 09, 2007

A treatise on tea, or, Is that the Nyquil writing?

So basically I"ve been home all day, just being sick, sick, sick. One of those my-bones-hurt kinds of sick, those my-head-will-surely-be-exploding-momentarily kinds of sick. And I'm drinking a lovely drink I'd like to share with you, our faithful audience of 1.5.

My old friend emmi (old in the friend from years ago, not friend of old age) recently posted about her love for coffee. (In a side note, I must comment on her name. It seems like I always have a few friends of the same name. When she and I were close, I was also close to another emily.* A few years later, it was Nancy. Nancy I used to work with in a restaurant, Nancy I was good friends with during graduate school, Nancy who was my supervisor at my first job. Right now, it's Jenny. I have two Library Friends named Jenny so if that is your name, please do not befriend me because it's quite confusing to my family. Thank you.)

Back to my I'm-sick-and-Emily-posted-about-coffee drivel. As some of you might know, I've gotten back on the wagon. No coffee for me. AND (this would be shocking information to my former colleagues Kim, Kim and Kim) very limited Diet Coke. I'm not pregnant, although that is when I first quit the black liquid gold. It just doesn't do me any favors. It took me 4 years to completely quit, even though it made me sick to my gut every. single. time. I. drank. it. I'm a weak, weak woman.

So I'm here to promote my latest favorite hot drink, Yogi Ginger Tea. You can get it at Trader Joe's (apologies to prrrof and other Mountain State readers) for a mere $2.99 a pack and it is delic. Just the thing when one s stuffy in one's head. (A shot of Nyquil added and you are good for the night.) The best part is (OK, maybe not the best part, but a really, really good part), it's the old-fashoined kind of tea that has a little message for you on each tea bag. Today mine was "Keep going." I like that. Short, sweet, to the point, just like me.

I would keep going, but that would completely destroy the short and sweet template I've obviously established in this blog. Sweet dreams.

* Since it seemed overly laborious to have a side note in a side note... go to Emily's most recent post and click on the etsy link and you will see quite possibly the cutest skirts I ever did see. And for a mere 18 clams! I'm not only fortunate enough to be her friend, I'm fortunate that she has good taste to direct me to sites like that.Just thought you might like to know.

5 Comments:

Blogger prrrof said...

Thanks for my morning laugh...and LOVE the patchwork skirts.

And here's one: my niece has two aunts and two friends (all the same age range, roughly) who share my name. And it's not THAT common. Sigh.

9:12 AM  
Blogger emilyruth said...

oh yes
the emilys
& when people would call us that we would say
'no it's emily & emily
we are two separate individuals'
(though you wouldn't know it by how much time we spent together back then)
& i am still surrounded by emily's
last year there were three emily moms
in our play group
cookoo!

& now that i have taken up half of my allotted comment space
to praddle on about my name...
(i am not short or sweet
in any way...
bloggy or otherwise:)


i am sorry that you are ill!
but i'm glad that you have found a cocktail that works for you
nyquil & almost anything tends to work for me
okay, straight shots of nyquil if i'm being honest...

:)

3:26 PM  
Blogger jmb_craftypickle said...

I things with little messages like that! Feel better soon!

6:06 PM  
Blogger Happy Birthday! said...

Yogi tea is my absolute favorite brand of tea. I don't think I've had any teas from them that are not yummy. My all-time, all-time fave -- not for everyone, but enjoyed even by some who don't like licorice -- is Egyptian Licorice. It has like a nose, a bouquet, and a finish, or something, you know, different tastes as you go along. And I dig the messages, too. :)
For people who live in faraway places, I have found Yogi in the health food aisle of regular supermarkets.

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, is this tea de-caff? I'm trying to get off coffee and diet soda, too, but know if I just move on to tea, I'm just going from one addiction to the next!

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home