Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Jingle bells...

We asked our oldest what he thought he wanted for Christmas. I was completely drawing a blank because he's oh-so-needy and hardly has any toys. ahem. The asking was the mistake.
First he said he'd think about it because he just wasn't sure. I'm thinking he's going to suggest a pony or a dog or something. Instead he comes out with (drumroll, please)... a violin.
"A violin?," I ask. I wasn't aware he'd been to the symphony recently so I had no idea how that popped into his head. "Do you know how you hold a violin?" I asked, to see if he had any idea how that idea popped into his head.
"You hold it up and you scrape this thing called a bow over it. I saw it at the gym on SpongeBob."
A-ha.
In a few years when he's playing with the New York Philharmonic, he'll proudly tell the first person to interview him (after his successful tenure at Julliard) that his inspiration was SpongeBob.
On second thought, I think we'll get him some Hotwheels.

5 Comments:

Blogger Shana said...

Hilarious! But a little boy with a little violin is oh so cute! ;)

2:09 PM  
Blogger jmb_craftypickle said...

I want a piano for christmas...And a wyatt burger to go please!
I couldn't help it...sorry!

6:08 PM  
Blogger emmi said...

Last year my daughter who was two then said she wanted a piano. This year, it's a clarinet. Maybe they can form a very small symphony or a symphony for very small people.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Left Coast Sister said...

jmb, I won't even tell you all the corny jokes I thought of to say to him on my first lesson in 3rd grade. (;
Yes, he's cute, but after checking out the $800 stradivarius replica, I think I'll pass.
I'm all for the symphony idea. even a very small symphony for very small people.

1:26 PM  
Blogger jay are said...

boy, don't you just wish you had a T.V.!!!??? Think of everything we're missing out on. I feel so deprived. :)
Too cute.

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home