Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Two things I've heard (maybe only cute to those I'm related to)

I was teaching Boy #1 one of my favorite little ditties, "This Land is Your Land". While we were singing in the car, he wanted to clarify: "No, Mommy, that land is your land and this land is my land." I think we've missed the point. Sorry, Mr. Guthrie.

Also heard in our house:
After I snuck a little piece of chocolate chip cookie, I went to check on the tooth brushing progress of Boy #2. "What do you have in your mouth, Mom?" he said. "Nothing," was my obvious reply. To which he said, "Then why do you smell like chocolate?"

6 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

man, kids never let you get away with ANYTHING, do they?

8:42 PM  
Blogger Dim and Jana said...

So funny... the chocolate thing just happened at our house this week too! I hedged around, but ultimately got caught too.

6:11 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

I always mumble "apples" when caught with contraband in my mouth!!! If you're far enough away, they can't smell it!

Carrie

9:06 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

I remember doing something like that to my mom from time to time growing up...chocolate has a certain scent that just can't be hid ;)

9:23 PM  
Blogger jmb_craftypickle said...

Ah, chocolate....why just the other day I heard my young son choking on something. (we were at a halloween party) And when I told him he could spit it out in my hand....he stopped coughing and said "But it is chocolate!"

So....those smart and crafty kids!

10:33 PM  
Blogger jay are said...

don't go and forget which land is YOURS. It's best to keep these things squared away.

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home