Friday, October 27, 2006

Another tragedy we should not forget...

I'm not trying to cover up my sister's last post (see below) but I want to address this tragedy in Riverside which has so far taken the lives of 4 brave firefighters. (A fifth firefighter is in critical condition.) I don't understand the mind of the arsonist and I don't know if I could summon up the kindness this particular one (or ones) need. Now there are four, and potentially five, families who are grieving the loss of someone who just wanted to do right in the world. When I say goodbye to my DH and he goes off to his shift, I often don't even think about the danger he could face. But really, it's just a numbskull's work that could leave my kids fatherless and me a widow. I hope those families have good support and lots of love to help them through this awful experience.

3 Comments:

Blogger jay are said...

isn't that so sad!!! And it feels strange, somehow, when it's two feet from a place where you grew up. That's 'home' for me....
Our firefighters are heroes; so are their families... I hope they find the idiot who did this.

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikesola. Isn't it myopic--I hadn't really worried yet about your DH's life being at risk on the job. Great, another thing to add to my list :)

12:03 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

This has also been the talk at my husband's station -- I'm right there with you~

Carrie

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home