Thursday, October 26, 2006

consistency--my problem in all aspects of life!

I was glad that Lisa posted her challenge here--I'm taking it up, even if it's not once a day--I do want to be a better blogger, and part of it is just in getting more consistent. LCS and I had a long chat the other day about, among other things, how we want to keep this blog lively, and how much we love it when conversation breaks out in the comments. The "smart" part of SS for me was asking my sister to do this with me--her posts totally crack me up. My own students can only wish for a teacher as witty and smart as she is!

So, a vow to write more often, about various topics--including but not limited to
--interesting books, chick lit and otherwise;
--learning to live in a new place;
--children;
--balancing work and family (or see-sawing it. Or plate-spinning them.);
--designing fabulous kids' birthday parties that don't involve hugely creative mom input.

Ideas?

5 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

Pony rides, a clown, and a magician, hold the party at a private amusement park, and give I-pods as party favors.
Virtually no creative effort required, fabulous party.
And they said this was hard. Pshaw.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Left Coast Sister said...

I love the idea of doing this with more consistency...
And thanks for the compliments!! Although your students would be sadly disappointed after they realized your sister runs out of steam after about 500 words. You put the Smart in SmartSisters.... I do, however, make the sisters part work...
As for the birthday party, every party we've ever been to is evaluated by Boy #1 with regard to the cake... namely, it's a good party if there is one... Also, carrie has a great post about favors and kids' parties... enough about that!
Here's to many more brilliant, witty posts at this brilliant, witty blog...

10:39 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

Politics????

Totally kidding here, if I get one more phone call from a political candidate I will - well, there's no telling what I'll do.

Sisters Rock!!!

Carrie

Oh, thank you for the nod about my post on goody bags. I have another birthday psrty for my daughter coming up in 2 weeks! 4 2-3 year-olds, lots of pink and crowns, yes, and wands, games, sugar and no goody bags.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I think Bryan has something there with the I-pods. By the way can I come?

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're all invited!
Bryan: please supply ipods for 20 2-8 year olds.
LCS: bring the cake
Carrie: pink crowns and wands would be loved by all, both daughter-turning-4 and son-turning-2
Amy: come on over!!!

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home