Monday, April 30, 2007

Whose shoestring is that?!

Nothing makes me happier than finding a cute outfit for my feet (translation: shoes) on the cheap. I watched this on msn.com which prompted the all-important question for the ages. Not, "Do you wear flats or heels with that?", but rather "Who are these people?!!?"
Granted, the video was produced by TV people who have no idea what the average American is all about and yet still manage to make a product that the average American consumes. Titled, "How to look chic on a shoestring budget", this piece instead instructed you on how to buy heels (with the exception of one pair) on a solid-gold shoestring budget. A pair on Kenneth Coles for only $198! Wow, what a steal!
I need to take these people to Target and show 'em around. In addition, I'd like them to meet my budget. Probably isn't even to the level of their shoestring since I can't afford their shoes.

4 Comments:

Blogger emilyruth said...

oh yes!
i love that!
& i get totally caught up in it
especially when i look through magazines
'oh look at those cute shoes
& they are only $48
the cheapest ones on the page!
what a deal!'
nevermind
that my weekly grocery budget is $50...
& that i've never spent more than $20 on shoes since i had kids...
:)

2:50 PM  
Blogger Left Coast Sister said...

Amen! Apparently there is another America and it doesn't include me.

11:25 AM  
Blogger jay are said...

Great title to this post. Whose gold shoestring indeed----not mine, that's for sure!

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay emilyruth, if you are feeding a family of four on 50/week, I'm dying to know how (really!) We too cannot do gold-plated shoestrings. :)

---prrrof

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home